Updated annually to include all the vital details of the latest admissions procedures, Getting into Medical School explains the major obstacles that would-be doctors may face, and takes an honest look at exactly what you need to do to win your place and take the first steps towards your dream career.
Featuring first-hand case studies from current students and essential advice from admissions tutors, this guide will lead you through every step of the process, including:
• Advice on choosing the right course and teaching style for you
• Support on how to prepare a winning UCAS application and personal statement, with samples from successful applicants
• Tips for taking the UCAT and BMAT pre-admissions tests, with practice questions
• Information on what to expect at interview and tips on how to shine
• Summaries of current and topical medicine issues that you might be asked to discuss