With brand new insights into what it takes to produce a successful application, and guidance on key things to focus on when applying from either an independent or state school, this book is a must-have for any student wanting to secure a place at one of the most prestigious universities in the country.
Updated annually with the latest information, this guide gives you the inside track on every aspect of the application process. It will guide you in choosing your course, preparing a compelling personal statement, taking the written tests and thriving, rather than just surviving, the crucial admissions interview.
Packed full of help and advice, Getting into Oxford & Cambridge will guide you through:
• Choosing the right subject, university and college for you
• The best types of experience that will support your application
• Ways to make your UCAS personal statement shine, with examples from successful applicants
• Advice on how to succeed in the written tests, with sample questions
• Recommended interview techniques, with advice and tips from current students
MPW Guides explain the complex procedures for getting into higher education.
Written by acknowledged experts in a clear and concise format, they go beyond the official publications to give would-be students straightforward, practical advice on how to secure a place on a course of their choice.